Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Upcoming Travels!

Big News!


But everything happens for a reason!

On October 14, 2015, I am leaving the country to travel for 3-4  months!

On the agenda: Dubai, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Bali, Singapore, & India.... maybe New Zealand

My plans thus far are listed below - if you have any tips on where I should go, what I should see, or how to best travel solo - please share!


10 Year Visa to China - Check!
Click on "Read More" to view my plans, so far!
First stop: Dubai. One way plane ticket - booked! I have a close family friend who has been living in Dubai for about 5 years with her family. I will be staying with her, so no additional planning needed for this part of the trip.

Next: China. Did you know that as of 2014 you can get a Tourist Visa to China that lasts 10 years? You need to have your entire trip mapped out of places you will visit and names & addresses of hotels which you may or may not stay. Additionally, you need to have flight information showing that you are both entering and leaving the country. I booked a flight, printed out the information, and cancelled it. (If you try this - make sure you book a flight with a Free Cancellation in 24 Hour policy.) Originally, I thought I would join an organized tour of China, but for multiple reasons I decided against it. 
         #1 -- Organized tours fill up with families. I want to meet people doing the same thing that I am! I am much more likely to meet others traveling the world on their own by staying in hostels.
         #2 -- Budget. Self Explanatory.
Cities on my agenda: Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Suzhou. Then, after visiting the other Southeast Asian countries listed above, I'll return to see Hong Kong & Guillin.

I do not have Vietnam, Thailand, Bali, or Singapore completely planned out yet. I want to leave some of it open for last minute adventures while overseas. I do know that I want to spend the bulk of my time in Bali & Thailand. A close friend from college might meet me there and one of my current roommates may meet me in Vietnam. First things first - need to work on getting my Visa for Vietnam!

Finally, after round two in China, I'll head off to India. Again, everything is still in the works, but here is what I hope happens: A good friend of mine that lives here is from India. He moved here for college and now works here. I'm hoping that he can meet me in India, so we can join an organized tour together. He has never seen the Taj Mahal or any other tourist stops in his own country! It would feel much safer to travel with him; even he recommended not traveling on my own in India and that an organized tour would be the safer bet. Fingers crossed that this works!

New Zealand is tentative.... I have been there before. We have close family friends from New Zealand - we'll see what the budget allows!

More to come as planning continues....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!