Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Trip Planning Progress

T-minus two months until I leave this city behind. Actually, exactly two months from this moment I'll be high in the sky on my way to Dubai. More and more details are coming together, and I am more ready than ever to get going!



Intentions of hiking every weekend and staying extremely active until my departure fell apart in the end of July: I broke my foot! Fortunately, I'll be all healed when it's time for lift off, but it has definitely changed my day to day routine. I am extremely blessed that I'm able to continue to nanny, but hikes and runs and wakeboarding will have to wait. In their place I find lots of trip planning and reading, which to be honest is a nice change of pace!



As far as the trip itself goes: I've now booked 90% of my flights, hostels, and trains throughout China - country #2 on the adventure.

Great Wall Tour? - check.

Enough time to check out this crazy dangerous hike on the side of a mountain in case I feel brave enough? - check.

Halloween in Hong Kong? - why not!

Today I'll be finishing up Guilin plans then it's bye-bye China and hello Vietnam! I've been researching that beautiful country and can't wait to look deeper into it. My visa is already ready and waiting inside my fast filling passport!

Little did I realize how exhausting trip planning can be. I've been connecting with old friends who've been extremely helpful with tips and answers from their own travels. Up until this point, some sort of momentum has been carrying me through. This week, as I booked accommodations in Hong Kong, I found myself pushing to make decisions so that I can move on to the next destination. Although this method can be effective, I'm worried that my "be productive" side is rushing me and that I'll miss a chance at something truly amazing in one of the cities. That being said, I need to be realistic and come to terms with the fact that I won't see all there is to see all and that something is BOUND to go awry. Planning three months of your life day-by-day this far in advance cannot be perfect. It's probably better off in the long run that it's not perfect, so I can learn from mistakes and enjoy the unexpected twists and turns that come from them!

Cheers and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!