Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Waterbar, Chinatown Grocery Shopping

I visited Waterbar once during my first week after moving to San Francisco. Ever since, I've been meaning to return, but finally succeeded yesterday. They have happy hour oyster specials, only $1 before 5:30pm, along with a cute outdoor patio that overlooks the bay and the Bay Bridge. I arrived early and enjoyed a cocktail from their "America's Cup" inspired list called "White Squall" (Rum, pineapple and orange juices, pomegranate - aka delicious). I sat in the sun slurpping down oysters and reading my Kindle until my friend M arrived. We played catch up until F arrived and all had a late lunch. Perfect leisurely afternoon on a day off. 







As M departed to run some afternoon errands, F and I made our way to Chinatown to buy some ingredients to make dinner. Even though I had meandered through Chinatown numerous times, I'd never bought groceries there, and it's quite the experience. They don't have the clean cut organization you'd find in a conventional grocery store like Safeway or Trader Joe's. Cardboard boxes of produce line the aisles as people crowd all around. The fish - well see the pictures below. And I'm pretty sure it's always crowded in these stores. Anyways, F picked up what we needed, making an excellent dinner later that night.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!