Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, January 28, 2013

Brief Introduction

I am from the Wisconsin - Illinois border, a farmer’s daughter. Two key factors stuck from my childhood: hard work and frequent travels. Work hard to play hard as they say ( focusing on increasing the play hard part of my life :) ).
A couple years ago, I graduated from UW Madison and found I didn’t want to use either of my degrees (Spanish & International Studies). I now work in the management side of Food & Beverage. In April of last year, I packed up and moved away from my fellow Badgers and set off to the West coast with a one way ticket and a couple of hopeful interviews. The spontaneous move panned out as I was hired and met my boyfriend on day 3 in the city. I love what SF and California in general have to offer, and as much as nostalgia hits for my family and the Midwest, I will likely spend the rest of my life here. You know, standard “I moved across the country and fell in love” story.
I feel so very blessed for the opportunities that have come my way over the past year. Last week, I as blew out candles for the 24th time, the realization dawned that it’s too easy to get caught in the day to day routine of work and relationship and I am too young to not take advantage of my surroundings. All of the events that happen daily in this city spin in circles around me - all you need to do is jump in for the ride. It’s time to jump and take advantage of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!