Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Citrius Club

So I love when plans sometimes don't work out and random moments have a chance to take over.  Tonight,  a friend and I were planning on attending a trivia night,  but due to a later than intended start and busy days tomorrow,  we decided to go for a late dinner instead.

Cha Cha Cha is a bar/restaurant in the Haightthat this same friend introduced me to my first few weeks in the city; they have pretty delicious Sangria. We had talked about returning for dinner,  but never made the time.  And tonight turned out not to be the time either.  Hungry girls don't want to wait 45 minutes for a table at 9pm on a Tuesday. We will try again another time!

We instead were drawn into Citrus Club - a Thai restaurant and bar across the street.  Outside definitely didn't do the inside justice.  I had passed this spicy gem up before, thinking it was the same as any walk in take out Thai place that I love in the city.  Wrong. Decent variety on their bar list, cheap prices, huge portions, and yummy spicy Thai food.  It extended much further back than expected and actually gave off a "club" feel in that it donned dim lighting and played club/hit music. We were able to easily relax, enjoy our drinks and food and catch up with each others' gossip. 

I ordered a mojito and semi-spicy Thai shrimp soup. The drink was pretty much what you would expect, but the soup was served in a gigantic (no joke - close to a half gallon) bowl. I will definitely have two days of left overs, at least.  Pictured below are what were left of our spring rolls (which were pretty standardly yummy) by the time I remembered to take a picture, but the real treat was the dipping sauce: delicious, spicy, and I'd return just to dip something in it.

1 comment:

  1. Just in case anyone cares - It was three days of left overs. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!