Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, May 20, 2013

Bay to Breakers, Bean Bag Restaurant


Party on the rooftop, top of the world

















Yesterday held the much anticipated Bay To Breakers race. Basically, the 12k stretches from Bay Street to Breaker Street holds thousands of people dressed up in costumes and bright colors. First start the runners, who actually participate with bib numbers and all, then come everyone else, who drink their way down the streets of San Francisco. The Panhandle and Golden Gate Park are where the real party begins, turning into a large gathering of drinkers instead of a forward motion.

A and I reunited after 9 months!
Definitely a sight to see! I missed the event last year, as I was out of town. Unfortunately, I worked a split shift yesterday, so I only participated for a couple hours in the middle. The three hours of celebration proved to be enough to get the idea. After meeting up with my ex-roommate, A, and catching up on months and months of not seeing each other, we walked down the Panhandle in our little group to get some food.

Best Costume Award: Game of Thrones!
Bean Bag Restaurant provided. Beers here are cheap compared to average prices in the city (even though I try to stay gluten free, I did have a beer - first one in over 6 months or so!). The fries were yummy and whatever they ordered seemed to satisfy my hungry companions after drinking all day. Fun ended abruptly as it was time for me to head back to work :(

Alamo Square/Painted Ladies

I didn't get the greatest pictures, as I tried to catch up with A and not take a ton with my phone. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!