Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend: Balut, Spoon Bar, Lombard Street

After working Sunday morning, I found myself with a bunch of co-workers in Crissy Field celebrating an upcoming wedding. Tons of food and punch and games and laughter. I brought Jagger with me, who absolutely loved the attention and scene, but did not leave my side. Where is the new experience in all of this? Check out these pictures...

The one I ate - which was the largest of all, by the way


What it looks like when "unrolled"
That would be a Balut. Aka - developing duck fetus that is made like a boiled egg. I ate it. Yuck yuck yuck. Some people took a video, excepting me to vomit, and frankly I'm surprised I didn't!  Boiled eggs in general aren't my thing, especially with that included in the mix.

Spoon Fountain
Moving along, I went up north for a couple nights of relaxation. Last night, F and I checked out Spoon Bar in Healdsburg. The spoon fountain outside creates a peaceful sound as the droplets hit each spoon as they make their way to the bottom. The restaurant itself has huge cielings and is kind of cold, but not bad overall steel, modern feel. And the food, great. A few pictures below of the fish, chickpea encrused avocado, and of course - dessert!
















As we arrived back in San Francisco, I decided to act like a tourist and go down Lombard Street - you know, the super famous, winding, steep street.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!