Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Body Temp

I checked out a new yoga place with a friend this afternoon. Body Temp offers a free first session, so there is no reason not to go check it out. I didn't have the greatest experience, solely because I ran 9 miles about an hour before the class. Not smart. They only do Bikram yoga; if you're unfamiliar, that means it's hella hot in the room! You'll sweat if you stay in child's pose. I'm normally a "push yourself" yoga-goer, but today I just gently allowed my body to rest as needed. My legs screamed at me from the mornings' run, and no proper meal had yet entered my stomach.

All of that aside, the studio is nice, clean, friendly staff. It's on the smaller side, when compared to Urban Flow (which I love), and their prices seem a little high for me, other than the 30 days for $30 deal, which is killer if you're going on a yoga kick. Today's instructor, as friendly and as excellent of a practicer as she may be, didn't particularly grab me and get me into the practice. I'm a sucker for the meditative voice and spiritual side of practicing, and her style teaches with more of a straight forward approach. Apparently, they also offer a night, candlelight, soothing class, which I want to check out.

If you love Bikram, I recommend it. If not (like me), maybe not your thing! If you're curious... heck it's a free first class. why not go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!