Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Jasper's Corner Tap

Brussels Sprout Chips
Dark, loud, and a somewhat confusing entrance to be seated by a hostess, I was not to optimistic about dinner last night after my first few steps in the door. C and I met at Jasper's for dinner and drinks after she'd had an extremely trying week and wanted to splurge on her diet. They placed us at a table with poor lighting, and although I have great eyesight, I struggled to read the menu. That's where negativity stops.

The server, dressed in jeans a plaid, was friendly and promptly brought us our strong drinks selected from their extensive list (Rolls Royce and Orchard Malt Mule) while we looked over the menu. They provide a separate sheet to order fries or poutine, which we declined as our meals both came with fries (awesome fruits btw). It was actually difficult for me to order, as I try to eat gluten free (although you'd never guess that based on my last few posts). Almost everything on the menu includes something breaded/pasta-esque. I chose the steak while C ordered a giant burger. We preceeded those with brussel sprout chips, buttery and delicious. Short and sweet dinner. I'd return for a happy hour as it was crowded and seems like the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!