Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Compote & GF Chocolate Cake, Spices II

I'm not sure I've ever made a cake before, at least not one that isn't pre mixed in a box. Yesterday, F and I made a gluten free chocolate cake and some strawberry-rhubarb compote to top it. Okay, let's be honest, he made it, but I kind of helped along the way. I'll have to look up what recipe he used later but here are instructions by pictures :)






























































For dinner, we ordered take out from Spices II, a Sichuan restaurant. I've never had Sichuan before, but the green beans, eggplant, chicken wings, and pork shoulder will be feeding me for a few days, and no complaints there!
                                   

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!