Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, April 22, 2013

Scala's Bistro

I had a lunch meeting today at Scala's Bistro, located next to Sir Francis Drake hotel, practically on Union Square. I couldn't pull out my camera during this meeting, so unfortunately, I have no pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it and check it out yourself!

Very warm, clean feeling when walking in the door and the staff is friendly, but they don't over do it. I sat at the bar with a glass of water while waiting. Seated, both myself and my business companion attempted to eat fairly healthy; he is trying to become vegetarian. So, he informed the waitress that we would have a boring order: arugula salad for him, green strawberry salad for me, and asparagus to share. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. I've been craving asparagus for weeks, and this perfectly grilled dish did not disappoint with it's red, non-overpowering sauce.

After a productive and uplifting conversation, dessert menus arrived. He declined the menu and ordered for us his favorite option: Bostini Cream Pie. Excellent choice. Go try it for yourself.

I'd love to return to Scala's to try some of their main course and meaty dishes. I've been meaning to have dinner there for quite some time; this might be just the motivation I need to make a reservation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!