Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, April 8, 2013

Pizzetta, B Star

What a way to return to the city. After feeling accomplished in my 4 mile run, I received a warm welcome before a long day of walking in the sun, good food, and relaxation. We ventured down to Land's End to look out over the ocean and see Sutro Baths, a sight I've seen more than a few times, but F had not.

Next, we leisurely made our way to Pizzetta, which opens at "noonish." It is a tiny pizza place on California and 23rd. I completely forgot to take a picture of this inside, literally 2 or 3 tables, a counter with the kitchen behind it, and the tiny office visible above the kitchen. I'll have to return to take pictures, as I can't do it's quaint atmosphere justice with my description. We sat in the sun at a table along the sidewalk. There are heat lamps above head that are calling my name to return for a glass of wine some evening in the near future. We ordered two pizzas to share: one with egg and sausage and the other with arugala and mascarpone. Delicious.

After more walking around the Inner Richmond, we passed the afternoon lazily. I had to babysit tonight, so we grabbed a quick,  happy hour bite to eat at B Star. Apparently, they are known for their Tea Leaf Salad, and now I know why. Amazing - dried shrimp, lentils, romaine, sauce, and more that I don't remember. We could easily have eaten two or three instead of splitting the one. Try it. We also ordered Lotus chips, which I really enjoyed, but F said could use more salt. Also tasted mango tuna tacos and satay with a coconut creamy sauce. Although they were satisfying, the salad was by far the best. I had eaten here once previously, downed the bass with a glass of wine while watching Karate Kid 2 at the bar. Today made for a second pleasant experience. Now I know why there is usually such a long line!

Since I really didn't do anything productive today, tomorrow is bound to be boring with errands. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!