Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Friday, April 26, 2013

Emotional Update, Teach Me How To Bucky

If I have any consistent readers out there, you may or may not have noticed that my posts arrive a bit more sporadically and fewer per week than in the past. In spite of thinking this blog had changed me, my introvert personality has overpowered me in the past week or two. In fact, I don't want to lose my introverted side: going to the movies alone or reading/relaxing at home are some of the best ways for me to reenergize. After weeks of trying new experiences nearly every day, I reached a point where I could not sit at home contently, and I realized that that is an important part of life that I need to not lose: being content on my own.

In addition to holding onto that key part of my life, I think in attempting to try out something new nearly every day causes me to put other very important aspects of my life on the sidelines or to the back of my mind. Religion would be the biggest impacted aspect. Another - trying to fill my schedule to the brim, and in doing so, not allowing for other priorities a chance to pencil themselves into it. Although it's unintentional, for me it's also unacceptable and not who I am. On top of everything, I'm spending way more money than I should, when normally I'm an excellent saver.

This is not to say I am going to stop seeking new experiences and living life; this is solely a reality check that I need to manage my priorities and get back on track. Perhaps, toning posts down to twice a week would be a good compromise. (Or at least new activity posts, and other days I can post dorky youtube videos that made me laugh). Also need to really focus on my training! After 3 days of being more or less MIA from training, I made it back on tonight :)

Also - I'm missing home a little bit today, but received a package from one of my old roommate in Madison! Perfect timing. Thought I'd share this video because I love me some Bucky! So proud of our boys getting drafted!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!