Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, February 18, 2013

Mayacama Day 1: Body Scrub, Driving Range, Hike

View of the clubhouse from my hike
This place is amazing. I more than needed a get away from the city, and Mayacama, a members-only resort just north of Santa Rosa, has thus far been the perfect way.

I drove up early to start my day with a body scrub and massage. Never have had a scrub, but now I would choose it every other spa visit (I like trying new treatments with each new spa). They used a grape seed scrub and I can't get over how amazing it felt.
Driving Range

Bobcat Footprint
(I'm told it looks like
a handprint... who knows!)
After lunch, I hit the driving range. I am no golfer and needed much instruction to finally have a few decent hits. 9 iron was my best shot ( damn you driver!!) I putted a bit too before changing for my hike!

Tomorrow will bring rain, so I had to fit in hiking the trail before dusk today. It is about 1 hour long, 45 minutes if you are speedy. I completed the hike in 35 minutes due to pure terror. Bobcats and coyotes scatter across the property and I was spooked - so I more or less jogged the entire hike.  Well, when possible - it's very up and down and up and down and necessary to stop to take pictures.





           No better way to end the night than with a glass of Syrah and perfectly cooked Sole next to a warm fire.  Kindle is about to be pulled out. Good night :)

Even if you  can't make a great escape to a private location - taking some time for yourself to go to your local spa, golf course, or hiking hot spots can be relaxing and beneficial to your well-being. And of course, a glass or two of wine has never hurt
anything!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!