Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Friday, February 1, 2013

Crunch


My Friday night may have been slightly healthier than your Friday night.  I joined my friend at her gym for a kickboxing class. I'm definitely one of those people that gets so much more out of a work out when there is an instructor pushing me on - so it seemed like a great idea. Crunch is a gym that I previously categorized with a weight watchers / 40 to 50 year old women getting their work out on with strength in numbers....



Wrong. Total opposite. The gym has bright, lively colors and the class was both effective and fun! The manager was nice and helpful even when I explained I was not interested in a membership at this time. We attended kickboxing with Roberto who I now love and would religiously go to his classes if I was a member. (Maybe it was because he told me I'm a natural, always a motivator! ). Crunch is much smaller and more personalized than my large city feel gym.  And much, much cleaner. Scattered about the walls are fun,  uplifting,  and motivational phrases such as "Objects in mirror are more fabulous than they appear," or something to that effect. It definitely didn't hurt that this particular location looks out over the beautifully lit Bay Bridge. I will definitely take advantage of my 5 day pass.


I am satisfied with my gym (24) for now. Especially when my boyfriend and I enjoy piña coladas in the sauna (shh don't tell! ) and pretend we are on vacation :) I have another 18 months on it and maybe can upgrade to the more personalized feel that is Crunch when all is said and done.

By the way, I'm more than over calling him "my boyfriend," so from now on he is "D." And while I'm at it,  this same friend I've been referring to will be mentioned with frequency,  so let's call her "R."

D & R - forgive me in advanced if I accidentally use your full names :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!