Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zeki's, Tonic, Greens, Buccaneers, Boom Boom Room

Last night... was one of those nights. I met up with someone I hadn't seen in a few weeks and it turned into a mini bar crawl. Let's just say - I'm out of practice and can't hang with the drinking crowd like I used to. 
Zeki's


We started off at Zeki's on California and Leavenworth - a bar you would not notice in the daylight, but is the only place lit up on the block at night. It was definitely a neighborhood/regulars crowd, very clean and cozy with little fire places and lounge like corners. One of the bartenders came from a QuinceƱera themed 30th birthday party all dressed up in a bright red dress and costume jewelry.  Adorable.  We had a couple of drinks here before walking to Polk Street.
Zeki's - on the far right you can see the bartender in costume





He then took me to a young crowded bar called Tonic. Nothing special in my eyes, just a dirty, dark hole in the wall. Reminded me of underage dive bars in college.

Next we stepped into a sports pub called Greens. That was definitely more my scene: tvs with espn, plenty of bar stools and cocktail tables,  brightly lit with pictures covering the walls.
Buccaneers







Next on the "crawl:" Buccaneers. I'm a light weight so the details on this bar are now hazy, but see the picture to the left of special apparel for sale.

Finally,  we cabbed over to the Boom Boom Room on Fillmore. Live jazz/blues - super cool.  Only problem here was that at this point I was,  forgive my language, shit canned (I did say I would be honest and candid). D met up with us here and did not stay for long since it was more than time for me to end the night.  Advice to anyone who checks this place out: don't drink too much because you will waste your $20 cover fee by not staying to enjoy the band. Also, no backpacks allowed.  Poor D hid his bag because they wouldn't let him bring it in, paid the $20 to get in,  and 30 minutes later when we left,  his bag had been stolen :( He gets brownie points for dealing with me last night.

Anyways - at least I found a couple places to revisit.

Now it is Super Bowl Sunday and I have no desire to drink. Great.
Enjoy your Sunday! Go 49ers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!