Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Basil Thai, Fifth Floor Restaurant








This week, one of my closest friends from college is in the area from Chicago for a work training! She drove downtown tonight to meet me at Basil Thai in Soma - another Yelp find. It turned out to be great!  Per the server's recommendation, we ordered these sweet potato/duck filled appetizers. Tangy and delicious. She ordered a seafood green curry, while I ordered a lamb red curry. Both dishes filled us to the brim. It was so perfectly tasty and spicy that I ate way too fast. No room for dessert!


To follow, we grabbed a drink at the Fifth Floor Restaurant before calling it a night. An awesome place inside the Palomar Hotel that I am no stranger to and will write more about another time. I just wanted to check out Brian Means' St. Patrick's Day cocktail!! (The link isn't to the cocktail, but another amazing drink by this amazing mixologist :) )

College friend  has training in the morning, and I have work - so bedtime for us! We'll be out again on Friday - watch out! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!