Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Philz Coffee, Jardinière, SF Gay Men's Chorus + Beach Blanket Babylon

This morning I met a friend at Philz Coffee - if I was a coffee drinker, I'd go there all of the time! Mis-matched wooden tables and sofas, painting of trees and the sky all over the walls and ceiling, and a wide range of people. (My favorite was a guy in a tan cowboy hat, cream colored country -themed shirt, tight brown pants, and deep mahogany red leather boots). Phil himself happened to come into the shop while we were there! Fun fact - Philz is the official coffee of Facebook

After a leisurely afternoon of walking around the Presidio, it was time to get ready for the night.


I met my friend D at Jardinière for a quick bite to eat. He knows one of the cooks, so they sent out some small courses of sea urchin and roe for us to sample before our main course. Fish was amazing - I cleaned my plate. Jardinière is a fine dining French cuisine restaurant. Their bar is shaped like a horseshoe and is immediately inviting as you walk in the door, as well as the bartenders standing behind it. D ordered a cocktail, but I stuck to water as I had an allergic reaction to Papaya and did not want to mix Benedryl and alcohol. The bartenders were so nice offering to mix a specialty alcohol free cocktail or to pair a non alcoholic wine with dinner, but I politely declined.

A short walk next door took us to Davies Symphony Hall. A mutual friend of ours, W, is in the San Francisco Gay Men's Choir, who was performing last night (and tonight I believe) with Beach Blanket Babylon. The show was hilarious and well put together. D told me that the man who put Wicked together, put this show together as well. If you can make it tonight, go! If you can't - Beach Blanket Babylon has regular shows, which I have attended, and they are always up to date poking fun at the latest current events from politics to pop culture. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!