Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mission Cliffs, Dolores Park, Bi-Rite Creamery

Part of the gym was being re-routed!
Today has been my ideal version of a day off from work. (Well, I did work for 2 hours this morning, but we'll pretend). Mission Cliffs is a fantastic indoor climbing gym. I met up with a coworker, F, and we spent 3 hours maneuvering up the walls. So, I have been here once before, about 10 months ago. It is such a fun way to work muscles you never even knew could ache; and my upper body definitely felt it. I'm going to try to go more often, so F doesn't have to keep re-teaching me the knots to tie in, and in order to climb to the top on the ones that my arms just couldn't handle.


What better way to follow a healthy morning than to enjoy lunch in the sunshine? We bought a few items at Bi-Rite grocery before heading to relax for 3 hours in the sun at Dolores park. If you live in San Francisco and have never been to this park, you are missing one of the best places in the city. People from all walks of life come to picnic and socialize and take advantage of gorgeous days like today.  You'll see more than a few interesting characters, people selling food and otherwise, and those who want to share their musical selection with the entire park. I may or may not have taken a nap.

Refreshed, we stopped at Bi-Rite ice cream. Normally, the line wraps around the corner. Luckily, we only had to wait 10 minutes. Amazing. They have gluten free cones and vegan ice cream, as well as all the dairy, sugary stuff we all love. I forgot the names of my flavors: 1. Involved peanut butter and chocolate 2. Something with cinnamon and snickerdoodle. Go there. Worth it.

Now a quick break/shower before seeing Oz. So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!