Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mochica, The Grand Nightclub, Annabelle's

The "report" on last night is getting posted late for a reason! I can't remember the last time I closed down a bar and my body is screaming at me. But, let's start from the beginning.

C from Chicago came downtown again last night for a final outing in the city before returning home. We had a late dinner with another friend, D, at a Peruvian restaurant in Soma called Mochica. The atmosphere is intimate and fun. We decided to order several tapas to get a taste of everything. Sound decision - each plate satisfied our cravings and a few really shined. The portabella mushrooms came first and set the bar high. I'm a huge dessert fan and left completely content after trying their coconut flan. Another cool little note: instead of bread they serve garbanzo beans lightly seasoned - loved it.  Loved the restaurant in its entirety. Please go check it out!

Next C and I ventured somewhere I never go to: a club. The Grand Nightclub is probably what you'd think of as a typical dance club. $12 weak drinks, lots of bodies moving on the dance floor, attractive go-go dancers, and laser light shooting across the room. Honestly - it was a blast to just feel young and alive and dance. One weird piece to this place: the bathroom upstairs is unlike any one I've ever used. Coed. Full bathroom with several stalls and guys and girls alike entering and leaving.... I guess I see how that makes sense in terms of space/efficiency, but I'm guessing they get a lot of activity in there...

Annabelle's ended the night as we met up with F for one last drink. Overall quality evening. Work hurt this morning. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!