Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Monday, March 18, 2013

World Baseball Classic: Semi-finals


All I can say is  - someone up there loves me and I'm feeling the love! I had an encounter that unexpectedly lead me to some tickets to the Semi Finals game (Netherlands vs Dominican Republic) in the World Baseball Classic as well as to tomorrow night's Championship game against Puerto Rico. What?!?! Better yet - club level seats. Not to brag or anything. I'm still in disbelief.

With the tickets being last minute, I paid one forward to an employee of mine who loves international sports and could appreciate it more than anyone.

I cheered for the DR, as one of my closest friends and I took a spring break there in college. They will also receive my support tomorrow night! I could not ask for a better Monday evening other than enjoying an ice cold coke watching a baseball game while Latin American music plays between each inning. I think some Holland fans bailed out early, due to chilly weather, which left a number of open seats/food attracting the seagulls. It was unbelievable how swarms of the birds scooped throughout the ball park. Cover your drinks!

Tomorrow is supposed to rain, but R and I will come prepared to enjoy the hell out of that game. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!