Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thrift Shop, Foreign Cinema

Getting ready listening to Thrift Shop and choosing a pair of heels - I was setting myself up for a great night before ever leaving the house tonight. Although, whenever I meet up with M, its always a an eventful night! M is from Norway who I met at an open house for a crappy apartment. Instead of submitting an application, we went for a drink instead! The rest is history.

The Mission District is one of my favorite places to go out, although I don't make it there nearly enough. We met for some pre-dinner drinks at a random place called The Chapel.

Dinner at the much anticipated Foreign Cinema did not disappoint! I had heard mixed reviews, but am pleasantly surprised. You can sit in their courtyard outside while films are silently projected on the white stone wall. Second option is to enjoy dinner near the roaring fire place. We experienced the latter. M and I share oysters paired with wine. I selected the swordfish and am happy with the choice. The greens and sauce made me feel that I was being healthy tonight in spite of the drinks and late night dinner. The others at the table, from Norway and Austalia (fitting since we were at "foreign" cinema), ordered the Mahi Mahi, duck, and steak. Everything looked delicious. Top the night off with a creamy hot chocolate,  and I was set to go in order I wake up for work in 5 hours, minus the DST time change. Overall pleasant night. Great food, average service, and although noisy, not too much as to require any shouting.
Like I said - a night with M does not disappoint! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!