Taking advantage of opportunities and enjoying what life has to offer

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Off the Grid, Park Tavern

Tonight I met a new friend at Off the Grid in North Beach. In case you don't already know, "Off the Grid" has locations all over the city.  It is basically collections of fancy food trucks - ranging from desserts to entrees from countries all around the globe. I've frequented the locations nearest to work more than a few times, as well as other random locations throughout the city, but never North Beach! We met and each purchased a steamed bun from one of my favorite trucks (although the name escapes me) and then tried some spring rolls and sweet potato tater tots at a Vietnamese truck I'd never seen before. Delicious! To check out Off the Grid locations, click here - find one near you!

Since the evening was off to a good start, we took a little stroll down Columbus to Park Tavern. Now, this was not a new experience for me. I first visited Park Tavern for R's birthday in January, but thought it would be a fun stop, especially since I love one of their cocktails, the "Mclaren." Although I didn't eat tonight, I do highly recommend this place for dinner. Their brussels sprout chips make for a super tasty appetizer, and you won't be disappointed with anything you order from the menu.

A short Uber cab ride and I'm home! Night all :)

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!